Do you have a goal of buying the perfect property for creating a homestead? Dream of having free-range chickens, productive gardens, and enough space to avoid seeing the neighbors? Want the freedom to do what you want on your land without the burden of an HOA?
We dreamt of all those things too.
The problems? It was hard to find land that fit the bill. Half of the parcels we found were either in a floodplain, next to a landfill, or too far away from the people and places that mattered most to us.
And once we DID find something that might work, how did we know it was the right fit?
Did the property have the resources we needed for building our natural home? Would we be able to afford the property taxes? Would we even be able to get insurance if we built a homestead there?
We needed a way to know that the property we wanted to buy would fit our budget, our lifestyle, and our goals.
So I created a system that helped us keep track of which properties we liked, choose the best ones for our needs and budget, and ultimately close on the purchase of our dream parcel. That system ultimately became:
The Homestead Land Buyer’s Guidebook.
Before we bought our homestead, we looked at dozens upon dozens of different properties. Each parcel had different price points, available resources, and potentials. But only one ended up being the winner.
And because of the method I developed for researching and evaluating each property, I was confident that we made the right choice.
We bought our dream property, stayed within our budget, and went on to build the off-grid cordwood house we always dreamed of!
The Homestead Land Buyer’s Guidebook is a comprehensive beginner’s guide to finding the best raw land to build your homestead.
This book has homesteaders in mind and helps you look at different parcels in terms of your desires to:
- grow your own food
- use green building techniques
- be on or off the grid
- forage for wild edibles
- homeschool or have a home-based business
- be self-sufficient
The guidebook is divided into five parts:
- What to look for in a property, so you can choose the right kind and leave the rest
- What to do once you FIND land you like, so you can spot troubles ahead of time
- Steps to take before you purchase your land, so you can close on the deal confidently
- Case studies of real land buyers, so you can learn from the wisdom of real homesteaders like you!
- Printable worksheets, to guide you through your unique buying situation.
Printable worksheets include:
- Land Purchase Goal Setting: to discover what you really want your property to do for you
- Property Comparison: see how your favorite properties rate side-by-side
- Land Evaluation Checklist: to see what each property actually has to offer
- Land Purchase Checklist: so you don’t miss a step before you buy
- Create Your Monthly Budget: so you can see how different properties will impact your budget at purchase and in the future
Print the whole book or just the worksheets! It’s up to you and totally customizable.
WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU BUY NOW:
- Automatic digital PDF download of The Homestead Land Buyer’s Guidebook
- Lifetime access to updated versions of the guidebook
- Automatic enrollment in a FREE 4-Day Email Course to teach you everything you need to know to get started
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
IS THIS A PHYSICAL BOOK?
NO. This is a PRINTABLE E-BOOK, available in pdf format only. Immediately after purchase, you will get the link to download from SendOwl. Nothing will be mailed to you. This is an instant download to help you get started right away!
HOW MANY PAGES ARE IN THE BOOK?
The entire book is 80 pages, including the cover. You can save paper by only printing the worksheets in Section 5 of the book, which is 7 pages. You have the option of printing as much or as little of the book as you choose. The worksheets can be printed as many times as you want!
DOES THIS BOOK APPLY TO GLOBAL READERS, OR A PRIMARILY U.S. AUDIENCE?
Much of the information is geared towards a U.S. audience, with references to entities like the USDA and FHA, as well as to U.S. legal and financial structures. That said, international readers can still glean much from the general homestead land information and can benefit from using the printable worksheets. International readers can still benefit from this guidebook, but may not receive the full scope and impact it is intended to provide.
DO YOU HAVE A REFUND POLICY?
Due to the nature of digital products, I do not offer refunds on eBooks. If you have a specific issue, please email me [email protected]